Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Site Announcement!

So I know where I'm going! It's a tiny village, less than 1700 people, 40km from the town of Kiteto. That's in Manyara region, central Tanzania. Supposedly it's hilly and cold sometimes and I have a picture of my house (small) but with a cool mountain view out the backyard. It's in the Maasai Steppe so should be pretty. The thing that's kinda scary is that myself and my friend Keith are the 1st and only PCVs of any kind getting sent there! So we're gonna be 15km apart but we're a pretty good distance from any other PC people! Gonna be out in the STICKS with no electricity. It's gonna be super scary when I first get there, I'm gonna freak out. But hopefully I"ll end up loving it!
Right now I'm on shadow in Njombe, having a great time! Bill and I came to visit a PCV down here named Cory, and he has an awesome house in a beautiful village and we had a great time. Ate SO MUCH food. And we just walked to this beautiful waterfall and explored all around it. Tomorrow we go back to Dar (14 hour bus ride) then stay 1 day there to open bank accounds. Then we go back to homestays for 1 more week!!! Then Swearing In! Ahh! It's all happening so fast! Okay, 1 minutes left on the Internet so peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews