Friday, August 21, 2009

Out in the BOONS!

So I'm not even at my site yet so no real big news, other than that Swearing In was awesome, I totally skipped a paragraph during the speech and said "Oh crap" into the microphone in front of the ambassador and all these important people, so I'm pretty much a legend just for that for the next 2 years. It was awesome. But I'm still here so apparently I'm a real volunteer now despite that. Going the rest of the way to my village tomorrow and it will be awesomely in the middle of nowhere. If you want my address I'm going to be able to use the PO Box of another volunteer out here until I get my own. I'm technically not supposed to post it on here but it's on the facebook group I made, or email me and I will tell you. So get those letters coming!

3 comments:

  1. ur not the only one to say oh crap at a bad time, i improved "oh crap" into a line during the childrens show this year, in front of the kindergardners... hahaha. sounds like ur having the time of ur life. thats amazing. hmmmm... forgot what else i was gonna say, oh yea, hows african tim doin?

    THE tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing life-changing experience you are having. It's great to keep a record like this. You'll look back at these early postings with different eyes after you gain experience and insight. Hope that you are able to change others' lives as much as your life is being changed. Think of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does "oh crap" translate into Swahili?

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews