Thursday, May 14, 2009

Staging Info At Last!

I finally got the information about my Pre-Departure Staging today! So my travel plans are solid and I leave Columbus in exactly 1 month!

Sunday, June 14
9:45am Fly from Columbus to Philadephia -- 2 hours
1:30pm Register and check into a Holiday Inn in Philly, meet the rest of my training class!
3-7pm Training and info sessions

Monday, June 15
6:30am Check out and go to a clinic to get shots
9:30am Bus ride to JFK airport in New York City (so I will be back on Long Island again) -- 4 hours
5:40pm Fly from JFK to Amsterdam -- 7.5 hours

Tuesday, June 16
10:20am Fly from Amsterdam to Kilimanjaro then Kilimanjaro to Dar Es Salaam -- 10.5 hours
9:40pm Final arrival in Tanzania!!!!!!

So with all the time changes and layovers and long flights, I will be traveling for 2 full days. I'm going to watch so many movies on the planes because I can never sleep on planes and it will probably be my last chance to see any good ones for awhile! I'm excited about the stop in Amsterdam; even though the layover isn't long enough to even leave the airport at least I'll be able to say I've been to a new country (sort of)!

So yeah...ONE MONTH!

1 comment:

  1. ah, i'm so excited for you! i have been to Amsterdam 8 times, but never got to leave the airport until my last trip to Uganda, we had 10 hour layovers on the way there in back so got to explore a little bit of the city.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews