Friday, April 24, 2009

"Don't you see your dreams lie right in the palm of your hands?"

Today I feel so ready.

It's a gorgeous spring day in Ohio; the sun is out, the wind is blowing just enough to be fun, the ice cream truck is tinkering around the neighborhood, and the flowers are out in full force in my front yard.

It's one of those days where I'm so happy to be alive, inspired to get outside and do something positive for the world. And I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to go and live my dream in Africa.

I'm ready for bucket baths and squat toilets and dusty red paths. I'm ready to speak Swahili and plant a garden and read a book a day during monsoon season. I'm ready to learn as many ways possible to make rice and beans (but I'm eating tons of all the delicious American food I love right now to prepare for this). I'm ready to meet amazing people with the same goals as me and amazing people who live so differently from me that my world will be rocked. I'm ready to do my best to change the world for the better and fully prepared that the world is going to radically change me.

53 days. I'm pumped. Bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I'm so excited for you and I cannot wait to read about your experience. You are one of the ones that inspired me to get started on my application so thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews